关于 the 媒体 艺术s Department
The NJCU 媒体 艺术s Department offers a four-year BA degree in 媒体 艺术s, a 电影 Studies Minor, a Production Minor, and a two-year MFA in Integrated 媒体 艺术s Production. Coursework provides students with a versatile foundation across all fields of media production, broadening post-collegiate opportunity. The department offers comprehensive studies in media & cinema theory as well as hands-on instruction in multimedia, film, video and audio production.
M88体育的 state-of-the-art facilities include a broadcast-quality television studio, digital media labs, audio production studios, and 16mm film production labs. Classrooms and our dedicated studios are equipped with hardware and software comparable to those found in contemporary production and post-production environments.
Areas of Study
电影 & 媒体 Studies
- 电影 & 媒体 Studies courses expose students to the 历史al, theoretical and critical aspects of media. Classes examine the the origins and growth of the film and television industries through cultural, 历史, and social contexts. Additional offerings include studies on the intersection of film and the fine arts, the Avant-garde film, and World 电影.
Digital / Animation / New 媒体
- Digital 媒体 courses allow students to develop skills across the spectrum of computer-based media production. In hands-on studio classes, students develop skills in motion graphics, 3-D animation, image manipulation, multimedia, and web design.
- 电影 courses focus on analog 16mm filmmaking. Students are instructed in all stages of film creation including: directing, producing, the technical aspects of exposure, 镜头, 照明, film editing, “sync” and “non-sync” cameras, and post-production sound mixing.
- 声音 courses teach recording, editing and mixing techniques as applied across the music, 广播, film and media industries. The Department's sound production suite, designed by acoustical architect John Storyk of WSDG, houses an expanded Pro Tools HD post-production/music recording studio and a 广播 production area for class and production work.
Video / Digital 媒体
- Video courses develop the expertise in the different stages of production including: screenwriting, cinematography, directing, and editing. Students have hands-on instruction in multi-camera studio production, location production, digital editing, and advanced post-production techniques.
M88体育的 脸谱网 页面
Marcin Ramocki, Chair
Fries Hall, Room 106
Tiana Sweeney, Administrative Assistant